The Sheridan Fire-Rescue Department exists to provide a professional level of fire, life safety, and emergency medical services to the people and property within the area served to prevent or minimize the loss of life, pain, suffering, and property damage. We will accomplish our mission through prevention, education, fire suppression, emergency medical services, rescue, mitigation of hazardous materials incidents, and other emergency activities. The department will strive to deliver the highest possible level of service with the resources provided.
As well as responding to emergencies, we have a number of other roles and responsibilities. One of these responsibilities is educating the public on fire safety. This education begins with a fire prevention program that we have implemented along with the school system for kindergarten through fifth grades. In conjunction with the school programs, we utilize the local radio station to deliver public service announcements so we may access a broad spectrum of the public served. We offer to the public CPR and First Aid Certification, fire extinguisher training, and child seat installations. Another service we offer is safety and fire code inspections to the residents and businesses of the City of Sheridan.
Sheridan Fire-Rescue opens its doors to the public during Fire Prevention Week, which is held the second week in October, and the Muscular Dystrophy Associations’ Fill the Boot fund raising program which occurs over the Labor Day weekend. During the open house events we offer fire prevention classes and demonstrations such as blood pressure checks, mock extrications and various health tips as well as conducting station tours. However, these are not the only times you may come down and see us. Sheridan Fire-Rescue retains an open door policy so please come down and check us out. We would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your Sheridan Fire-Rescue Department.
Fire Rescue News
- Free Landfill Day – October 1, 2016!
- Leaf Collection – October 17 through November 23, 2016
- Search Burial Information Here
- City of Sheridan and SAWS to replace water meters
- Liquor License Renewal Form
- Water & Sewer Rate Adjustment 2016
- Utility Assistance Program FAQ
- Utility Assistance Program Application
- Utility Assistance Program application
- One-Call Wyoming “Call before you dig!”
- 2016 Recycling Collection Calendar
- Sheridan Brownfields Assessment Project
Fire Rescue Documents
- Shift Personnel Emails
- SFR-Org Chart
- Residential Safety Guidelines
- Qualifications for Employment
- Picture Board 2015
- HIPPA-Protected Health Information
- Fire Watch Form (2)
- Day Care Insp Form
- Commercial Occupancy Pre-inspection Checklist
- City Employee Benefits 2015
- 2012 Chapter 11 - Fire Standards for Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Centers - Education Classification (Group E)
- 2012 Chapter 10 - Fire Standards for Family Child Care Home - Residential Classificationl