Law enforcement is a service career at its core, and while it carries serious responsibilities, it also offers the opportunity to make a real difference in your community. Policing is a job that will bring out the best in you and make you more than you are right now. It is a job that will ask a lot of you, but it will give you much in return, including:
- Having a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day;
- Knowing that your presence conveys peace of mind;
- Serving as a community role model;
- Being a first-responder to a person in crisis;
- And much, much more.
For first person accounts of what it is like to be an officer, and an outline of why policing is a great career, visit www.discoverpolicing.org and find not only more information, but see our listing there!
Additionally, any questions about Police Officer or Dispatch positions, availability and/or hiring should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
To hear first hand from some of Sheridan’s police officers, watch our recruitment videos below:
- Traffic Management
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Safe Ride Brochure
- Restraint Use
- Police Department Job Application
- Parking flyer
- Neighborhood Watch Brochure
- Jail and Dispatch Contract Update
- Home and Vehicle Safety
- FINAL Legalization of MJ in Colorado the Impact
- Drunk Driving
- Bad Check Packet
- 2014 Annual Report