City Hall

Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

A: 55 Grinnell Plaza
Sheridan WY 82801

P: 307.674.6483
F: 307.674.2192

Contact Police

Office Hours:
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Walk-In Hours:

A: 45 West 12th St.
Sheridan WY 82801

P: 307.672.2413
F: 307.674.6863

Email Administrative Services Manager:
Jenifer Shassetz

Police FAQ

When do I have to get Wyoming license plates?

Within 24 hrs of residency in state

What are your general hours of operation?

The Police Department operates 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week. The office is open Monday through Friday for administrative purposes, but there are staff on duty 24/7 to handle walk-ins.

May I report an incident and remain anonymous?

Yes, all reports are taken seriously and investigated. You do not have to leave your name if you don’t want to the regular line to report activities is 672-2413.  You can also call via our toll free line 877-277-8002 or use our Crime Stoppers Line 672-7463.

What is the next city to the south and the north on I-90?

Buffalo is about 33 miles south, Lodge Grass, MT is about 50 miles north.

Do you have to handcuff everyone that you place under arrest?

Yes. This is for the officer’s and suspect’s safety.

Do you write a citation on every traffic stop?

No. This depends on many circumstances and a citation is written at the discretion of the officer depending on the circumstances.

Why doesn’t the Sheridan Police Department patrol and investigate crimes in the county?

Sheridan County is under the jurisdiction of the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office and the Wyoming Highway Patrol.

How many K-9 officers does the Sheridan Police Department have?

The Sheridan Police Department has a K-9 Program.

What is the number for/can you connect me to the Jail?

The Detention Center number is 672-5623 we can’t connect you to the jai.

What are visiting hours for inmates?

Contact the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office 672-3455

Where can I get a Photo ID or Fingerprints?

These are provided by the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office (672-3455) on  Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30AM to Noon.

How/Where can I get a Protection Order?

These start at Circuit Court (674-2940)

When is Curfew?

Under 14 years of age:
School Year/Sunday-Thursday 9:30PM
School Year Friday & Saturday 10:30 PM
Summer 10:30PM

14 to 18 Years of age:
School Year/Sunday-Thursday 10:30PM
School Year Friday & Saturday 12:00 AM
Summer 12:00 AM

What is the number for the Animal Shelter?

The Animal Shelter number is 674-7694 and their hours are M-F 10:AM-6PM and Sat Noon- 4PM.  It is important to remember though that if you have a Dog at Large or other animal problem to call 672-2413.

What are the road conditions and are any closed?

Most often this can be answered by dialing 866-WYO-ROAD or visiting the WYDOT website at

How do I find out if there is a Sex Offender in my neighborhood?

Visit the Wyoming Sex Offender Registry or call the Sheridan County Sheriff’s Office at 672-3455.

Do you have my friend, relative, etc in Jail?

Call the Sheridan County Detention Center at 672-5623.

Where do I pay the fine on my ticket?

If the ticket shows Municipal Court it, is located at City Hall located at 55 Grinnell Plaza, Sheridan Wyoming. Court Clerk (307) 672-3188 or Customer Service (307) 674-6483

If the ticket shows Circuit Court, it will need to be paid at the Sheridan County Courthouse (307) 674-2940.

Is there a law against Dogs at Large in the County?

Not  unless the dog is a threat to livestock or wildlife or may be vicious to or has bitten someone.