Fences enclosing rear and side yards may be a maximum of 6 feet tall. Fences enclosing front yards may be a maximum of 4 feet tall.
Any fence erected should be entirely on your property. Keep in mind that most property lines do not end at the curb or beginning of an alley. If you are in doubt, contact a licensed surveyor before placing your fence.
Only a licensed surveyor can accurately show you the location of property lines or corners. A number of licensed surveyors can be found in the local phone book.
Residences in R-1 and R-2 zoning districts may provide care for up to 10 children. Please keep in mind that the total number of children allowed per location is determined by the state Department of Family Services.
Childcare centers are allowed in R-3, B-1, B-2, and M1 districts.
Depending on what you are seeking to do, you may require a zoning variance. Please contact the Planning Division for help on how to apply for a variance.
- Zoning Map Entryway Corridor
- Vacation Application and Checklist
- Street Map
- Sheridan Entryway Design Standards
- Rezone Application
- PUD Application and Checklist
- Public Works Organizational Chart
- Minor Sub Application and Checklist
- Major Sub Application and Checklist
- BOA Variance Application
- Annexation Application and Checklist
- Administrative Replat and Checklist