Monday through Saturday: 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Sundays 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (beginning the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in October)
Closed Sundays November 1 through March 31
The purpose of the City of Sheridan Landfill is not just to dispose of unwanted items from the City of Sheridan and surrounding area, but to do so in a way that is in compliance with State and Federal regulations as well as being clean and efficiently run.
The landfill accepts household trash, construction debris, compost material, brush, tires, used oil, metal and clean concrete and asphalt. The facility also provides recycling activities for many of these items. The Sheridan Landfill is committed to providing each customer with excellent service and is dedicated to providing a safe and economically sound way for citizens to dispose of municipal solid waste.
What We Do Each Year:
- Grind an average of 1,000 – 1,500 tons of brush and stumps for composting
- Bail and ship approximately 880 tons of scrap metal to recycling center
- Compact and cover approximately 30,000 tons of household waste and construction debris
- Recycled approx. 5 tons of car batteries
- Decommissioned approx. 911 refrigerators / air conditioning units
- Recycled approx. 76 tons of Electronic Waste
- Recycled approx. 1,064 tons of concrete and asphalt
- Recycled 2,842 gallons of engine oil
What To Expect During Your Landfill Visit
During your visit to the landfill, please follow the gate attendant’s instructions, observe the speed limit and obey all traffic control lights. Please do not smoke while on site. Please observe all signage – watch for and yield to all landfill equipment and personnel. Please refer to the enclosed flier for additional information.
- Compost is available at the Landfill!
- Curbside Recycling Program Information
- Free Grindable Demolition Debris Disposal at the Landfill
- Reduced Tipping Fees at Landfill for Construction & Demolition Refuse
- Landfill coupon information
- Utilities Department Org Chart 073015
- Resolution 18-14
- Reduced Construction and Demolition Landfill Tipping Fees
- Letter of Response-Landfill Expansion Project
- Landfill usage guide
- HHW Brochure July 2014
- Free Landfill Days Fall 2015
- Curbside Recycling 2014 Council Workshop
- Compost Testing information
- Compost Application Guidelines August 2015
- Brochure Landfill July 2014