Utility Billing Mission Statement
“The primary objectives of the City of Sheridan Utilities Billing Department are to provide superior customer service, an efficient production of accurate and timely utility statements, and a commitment to continually seek opportunities for improving services.”
The Utility Billing office is responsible for handling everything regarding utility services, including producing monthly utility statements and responding to any questions, requests or complaints. Please contact our office for questions regarding:
- Monthly utility statements for the City of Sheridan. Residential services include Water, Sewer, Sanitation and Mosquito spraying. Water is measured and billed for the City in 100 cubic feet.
- Monthly utility statements for SAWS. Services are for water only. Water is measured and billed for SAWS in 1000 gallons.
- Monthly utility statements for the Downer District. Services are for water and sewer only. Water is measured and billed in 1000 gallons.
- Finalized statements for customers discontinuing services. Customers moving from one home to another will be relocated. Deposit refunds will be arranged for renters.
- Questions, requests and complaints regarding utility rates, meter history, mailing address changes and applied charges on bills.
- Utility appointments i.e. water turn on/off, meter installations, repairs and readings.
- Rate increases for utilities (water, sewer and sanitation) upon the approval of City Council of proposed resolutions.
- Adherence to City code, SAWS rules and regulations, and the Downer District agreement with regard to usage fees, due dates, delinquency surcharges, as well as customer responsibilities such as leak repairs.
- Annual adjustments to the City of Sheridan residential accounts for sewer fees based on averaged water usage during the winter months. Readings are taken from December-March. This is done in accordance with Resolution #44-11.
- Debit adjustments applied to accounts for requested additional services for sanitation, damaged meters, or requested service calls